At Total Package Painting in Shelbyville, KY, our remodeling experts have guided clients in planning remodeling projects and choosing the ideal paint in complementary hues and finishes to ensure a cohesive design throughout the house and on the house’s exterior. If you are undertaking a home renovation, here are 15 tips for a successful remodeling project:
- Look at the bigger picture. Designing each room without regard for the totality of the design can lead to a color scheme nightmare.
- Decide what features are most important to you. Invest in what matters to you, such as a bathroom oasis or spacious kitchen.
- Choose the right time of year to start the project. The holidays and months of inclement weather are not the best times to begin a renovation.
- Set a budget. A remodeling project can quickly get out-of-hand, so outline a budget and earmark funds for each segment of the project.
- Hire experts. While the do-it-yourself option may be preferable for some, you should trust trained tradesmen when you lack the experience, time and tools to properly execute the job.
- Choose only top-rated, long established businesses for your project, such as Total Package Painting.
- Obtain more than one estimate for each portion of the project. The lowest estimate should not be your first choice. Understand what each contractor is offering before making your decision.
- Carefully read over each contract. Know the fine print and the cancellation policy for each contract.
- Be open to making big changes. The design experts of remodeling companies can often see the various possibilities of your space.
- Prepare your home. Dust and debris will be everywhere, so be certain your furniture is protected and your valuables are stored away.
- Plan for living and working around the project. Adjust your daily life so you can avoid the remodeling chaos.
- Always assume the project will take longer than estimated. It’s less stressful to plan for more time to finish the project as unforeseeable circumstances can delay your completion date.
- Be on site. The companies hired to complete the project may not understand your vision, so it’s best to oversee the work being done.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. If the workmanship is not up to your standards or a product you chose doesn’t look right, ask the tradesmen what can be done to remedy the situation.
- If debris is not cleaned up at project completion, tell the contractor(s). Tradesmen should leave your home free of debris, so call if your home is left in disarray.
Home Remodeling in Shelbyville, KY
To discover how Total Package Painting can help you with your home remodeling project, call our helpful staff today at (502) 321-0387 for a free, no-hassle estimate for home remodeling and painting services!